View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 07:46 PM   #1
PierceScott

5th Wheel Newbie looking for advice

I have never owned or spent much time in a 5th wheel or RV of any sort besides when I was a kid and I travelled a bit with my grandparents in theirs. I've now got it in my head that I want t live in one (I live in an area where rent is absolutely through the roof and my girlfriend and I are looking at making a break for it in a few years, to save extra money this is what I've landed on). I like the head room and feel of the 2006 to 2010 5th wheels but I'm having trouble narrowing it down and also wondering if I'm overlooking anything major when it comes to living in these things vs just spending the occasional weekend in one.

-Getting it to location isn't an issue

-I have family with a property and I would be parked 10 feet from a cleanout, water supply, electrical and propane is cheap at Costco and I go there at least once a week already

-I've been told to skirt it, not an issue

-it would be parked for 2 to 3 years so wieght or anything to do with mobility really isn't an issue

What do you guys see as my biggest issues with this plan? I don't own much stuff (I'm a minimalist) and I'm fine with the small space

I have the option of a 2010 Komfort trailblazer 277RL that I can get for $25,000 but it's got a declaration on it because the previous owner messed up the roof while parking it (all I hear is, new roof and newer model for less) all the repairs were done through insurance and properly

http://sales.fraserway.com/Page.aspx...ZER-277RL.aspx

or my second choice and honestly I'd almost prefer it... When you walk in it's so much more open and and just a general nicer feel to it is a 2006 forest river silverback 29 LRGBS

https://www.travelandrvcanada.com/in...4301D/#mainpic

Is there anything I should know about either brand or model? Which would you choose to live in and why? neither?

Thank you for any input
PierceScott is offline   Reply With Quote