Thread: Add a invertor
View Single Post
Old 06-12-2006, 12:21 PM   #17
hitchup

Re: Job done

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobW
Just for those who are interested in adding an inverter, I'll describe what I had to do. Our rig didn't come with an inverter, it was not even an option. So, I bought a Xantrax 2000 watt Freedom from a guy on Ebay.
The inverter was hooked to the old converter breaker, but changed to 30 amps. With no 12v power to the inverter, I plugged in the RV to the shore power and all went well. I had power to all the outlets in the entrainment center. By the way, the Xantrax has a much better charger than what came with the RV. It uses a 3 stage charging system. Now my next job is to add two more house batteries. called Xantrax and they said I could add all the batteries I want, to some degree.
I just read through all the posts. Excuse me, I'm just a girl & still learning. But I thought that a converter was for charging from shore power & an inverter was needed only if you had solar power. From your description (we have same ES model), we could also upgrade ours with an Inverter?!? Now am trying to figure out the advantage. Is it just to run TV during power outages??

By the way on DT's website, Spec page says that a Xantrex 3000w Inverter with 4-6v batteries & 2nd compartment is an option. Why did you only go with 2000w?
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote