Thread: Add a invertor
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2006, 01:30 PM   #7
CampingCaptain

Send a message via AIM to CampingCaptain Send a message via Yahoo to CampingCaptain
BobW,
What I was talking about was a small upright freezer and not a fridge, although the principles of operation are the same. The people that I referred to did not want to go with the double wide refrigerator as it would have cost them pantry space. So, they opted to put a small upright freezer in their basement to give them a little extra freezer space. I didn't get into details with them. They just told us that they ran the freezer off of an inverter when they were on the road and that they had a separate dedicated battery for the inverter and freezer. Something else that they did was since they opted not to have the double refrigerator/freezer, that meant they did not have an icemaker, so they opted to have the Splendide combination washer/dryer instead of the stacked, separate units. They built a shelf above the Splendide and put a small icemaker on that shelf. There was already a ready water supply in the closet. It seemed like a nice way to go. I think we'll do the same.
Vietnam Era Veteran
Proud parents of a US Marine
Retiring in 2007 and planning to go full-time
CampingCaptain is offline   Reply With Quote