Thread: HEHR windows
View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 11:41 AM   #8
wwc

Fogging windows

I have now sold my 2006 MS, but I will still pass this along. I will give you my experience and you can take it for what it is worth. I had both large side windows and the large rear window that were fogged. While in Yuma,AZ in February 2015 I called Auto Glass of Phoenix-Yuma. I explained to them that I would like to get all three of the large windows fixed. Took about 4 or 5 days, for them to send tech out. Now I had replaced these windows once when Hehr was replacing the glass for free. I knew how they were taken out, however the guy from Auto Glass explained that they did not take the window out from the outside. They had this tool where they tried to cut the seal around the window from the inside. The tech kept breaking blades and said he had never seen a seal that tough. Also told me that he had never taken a window out from the outside. Finally he had to take it out from the outside. After about 4 hours, finally got one window sealed and replaced, however by then Auto Glass had called and had a rush job for him. I was told that they would return next day to fix the other windows. I paid l00 dollars for that one window and never heard from Auto Glass again. To make it worse, before we arrived back home in South Carolina that window had once again fogged up. Again I am not telling anyone what to do, just telling you about my experience.
WWC
wwc is offline   Reply With Quote