Thread: reverse osmosis
View Single Post
Old 02-27-2016, 08:21 AM   #15
wingnut60
Site Team

You are correct--with the peninsula, the water to the ice-maker is entirely inside (have no idea where/how it used to be) and now it is outside. I have tried several methods to insulate it and none really satisfactory, but I don't camp often in below-freezing temps. Also, have never had it freeze up--yet--but I drain it every off-season. I did have the solenoid freeze and crack years ago. The new supply line is tied into the cold supply line to the bathroom sink in the basement area with a shutoff valve at the connection. It goes into the belly area, downward across to the wall where the slide is--from there on, it is exposed to ambient temps until it crosses up into the rear of the fridge area to the solenoid. I have it tied to the propane/electric lines support. After it comes into the fridge compartment, it is just the same as OEM.
One other note, I had to replace the line from the solenoid to the ice-maker after it disintegrated due to age--that was a fun experience.
We had no choice when buying used, but the TK3 was the most popular floor plan back then--and it was nice. But with 2 or 3 small dogs and Sherri cooking, it got kind of crowded. We saw a post on this forum years ago about some one changing it out at Paul Cross's place, and we took ours up there to have it done. Very happy with the change. I seem to remember the cost was $1100 or thereabouts.
Joe
2005 TK3 #1869, 10 yrs of memories,
2017 F450 KR--one more Ford is it
2009 F450 4x4-died; 2010 F450-retired
wingnut60 is offline   Reply With Quote