View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 07:33 AM   #13
wanderingwingers

Vern

I was looking at the Progressive 50 amp hardwired unit as a possible solution. Hardwired in was my first choice. However, I am currently sitting in a park where the voltage is low and some other RV's that have a surge guard are having the power shut off due to only having 104 volts.

I do not want to run my A/C with only 104 to 105 volts (concerned about low voltage damage). So I think the best thing to do would be to get a voltage booster that also is a surge guard. From what I have read so far, the Progressive is just a surge guard and not a booster.

I would change parks but we wanted the kids activities here for this trip.

I spent $325.00 for a built in surge guard and DRV just installs a Transfer Box. I will ask for a credit back when I have some repairs done at the factory but I am not holding my breath.

What concerns me is I have gone the last year thinking I was protected when I wasn't. Bet they would not have covered any damaged appliances due to low voltage damage. I wonder how many other DRV owners ordered a built in surge guard and just received a transfer box.
2010 MS 38RSSB3 #5378
2010 Ford F450
2008 Honda Goldwing Gl1800
www.wanderingwingers.blogspot.com
wanderingwingers is offline   Reply With Quote