View Single Post
Old 05-14-2011, 11:16 PM   #1
terry and jo

Life Is Looking Up After 3 Long Years

While I am gun-shy after losing one contract on our house, enough has been done to warrant me feeling a bit more confident with the latest one. If you REALLY want all the agonizing details, you can always check out my May 14 blog posting.

But, after 3 years of being on the market, we now have a contract on our house, the buyers have had their financing approved, the home inspections went off without any hitches (that I know of), and the closing date is this coming Friday, May 20.

Last Saturday, May 7, we moved the Mobile Suites to a mobile home park on the northeast side of Oklahoma City and began living in it full-time on Sunday the 8th. The mobile home park is located immediately to the west of a large RV park, Twin Fountains RV Park, at the junction of I-35 and I-44.

We are "static" full-timers as we still have 3 to 5 years before retirement and the traveling can begin. With the sale of the house, we will be out from under that large mortgage payment and will be able to afford to take a few more trips, including 2-week vacations.

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote