View Single Post
Old 04-13-2009, 07:31 AM   #5
RodeWorthy

Winegard Trav'ler on Mobile Suites

Good choice on the Winegard Trav'ler. I am planning to install one as well on my '07 36RS3. I had a good look at these at Quartzsite and they are excellent.

I have investigated running cables from the roof to the bedroom equipment closet. Presently there is one white RG-6 and one black RG-6 and about a 16ga pair wired from the entertainment equipment and coiled beneath the vent on the roof. I need to have 3 RG-6 cables and a control cable for my system. It should be an easy job to bring the cables down that vent and access them through the ceiling fan opening in the toilet room. There is room to work there to feed the cables to the W/D closet and then out behind the cabinetry in the bedroom. Small holes will need to be drilled to pass through the wall(s).

I have installed a ground based dish using the same routing for my extra cables except from the W/D closet the cables run down to the basement and across to the existing cable/satellite connection in the outdoor equipment hutch. It is a clean installation and relatively easy.

I will mount the Winegard adjacent to that roof vent and may route the wires under it and up into the unit from the base rather than across the roof from the vent. Of course this means another hole in the roof. My Starchoice system employs a GPS receiver as well but that is all external.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Would be great to see some pictures. I particularly want to see how much shadow it would throw which could be detrimental to my solar panels.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote