Thread: MS Unit # 0516
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 03:28 PM   #14
John Landry

Electric Heater Coil Upgrade

I tried to post pictures on the Electric post and didn't succeed with it.
The unit was purchased from rvcomfortsystems.com ( Cheap Heat )
If you e-mail me at pawjohn@yahoo.com I could send them to you. The system is wired up 240 volts and is run through a 30 Amp disconnect. I will try it for the first time this Winter and will keep every body up to date. I went through two propane bottles my last trip out that the temperture was in the low 30's and mid 20's. Just to fill the two bottles when I returned from my trip it cost me over $ 86.00 dollars. This upgrade should save me money. My RV runs on a 50 Amp Service and when I call CG's for reservations they ask me what size hook up I need. I know that during the Winter months the CG's Electricity useage is lower. Do they drop their prices of their camper spot hook ups. I don't see where my unit will use any more electricity during the Winter than the Summer when I have two A/C units going at one time. This upgrade took me about 15 hours to install and was told by Mr. larry with Cheap Heat that it takes them about 7 hours to do it. I tried it after the installation and it worked perfect, but the outside temperture was around 72 degrees. This system cost about $ 1500.00 to 1700.00 dollars to install. The only way I was able to get this unit and install it myself was to become a dealer in my area. There was no Rv dealer in my area that wanted to become a dealer for the Cheap Heat system. Hope this helps you.
John Landry is offline   Reply With Quote