View Single Post
Old 09-10-2020, 09:31 AM   #30
anijet

Quote:
Originally Posted by clev View Post
I should have followed up on my post; lots of things going on. I checked with Lippert and opted to try a cheap, simple fix by pouring a few ounces of Hydraulic Stop Leak into the hydraulic container. No more leak. Mine was an actual slow seep/leak with visible fluid on the ground plate from the middle, passenger side ram. I don't think the actual ram was collapsing. Almost a year later and still no leak.

I did a similar repair on a rear stabilizer jack. It was leaking so I took it off and to a shop for reseal because I didn't have time to reseal. Pretty much leaked right away. A few months later I resealed it myself and it was OK but would still seeped intermittently. I retracted it, disconnected the upper hose and attached a short hose that I ran into a bottle of Lucus auto trans treatment and extended the ram manually to draw in half the fluid. Repeated for the lower chamber. Two years and not even a weep.

Any new leaks from hydraulic cylinders and I will try this again before a complete reseal (unless it's a complete blowout).
anijet is offline   Reply With Quote