Thread: Frozen
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2021, 11:20 AM   #13
terry and jo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
The system that Terry describes, and that I was not familiar with, sounds ideal. From the description, it does what the system I outlined does, but does it in a simpler, less fussy way - no measuring, cutting, assembling, etc. Either way works, of course, but I like the sound of the system Terry describes, especially the telescoping straight sections.

If the price/convenience calculation makes sense for anyone needing an RV sewage waste disposal system, then absolutely choose the one recommended by Terry. Even if it's cheaper to build the system I described above, the fussiness of all the fabrication required, especially in the middle of a brutal cold snap, would convince me to go with the pricier method Terry recommends - and a personal endorsement is about the best reassurance a person can ask for.

TJ

At the time that we began living in the RV, we were still working and had it parked at a small mobile home park in Oklahoma City. However, we still would take off occasionally, generally to a rally, and with the EZE-Kleen system, I never had to worry about getting exactly right on the placement of the MS when we returned. With the system, we ordered it with two of the 42" sections and then purchased a third section that was only 24". That lets me reach out roughly 21 feet with the piping.

Another thing I liked is that with a down slope attitude of the sewer line, there is nothing that "traps" water like the little valleys of a stinky-slinky hose. On another forum, a couple once reported that they left their grey tank open and let the faucets run just a little bit to avoid freezing. However, those little valleys in the sewer hose trapped water which froze and then subsequent water also froze. They woke to a totally froze up sewer hose.

While I used to write a blog (several years have passed since I updated anything there), I did do something of a "review" of our system with pictures. Sadly, from what I can determine from the EZE-Kleen website, they no longer offer the pliers that we have for hooking up the sections of the system. A link to my blog posting is below.

EZE-Kleen Sewer System

Terry
2010 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5332 - 2008 Ford F450
Terry's Smugmug Site
terry and jo is offline   Reply With Quote