Thread: Frozen
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2021, 06:32 AM   #3
4happyfeet

Howdy, Clay. My, it sounds like you’re having a heat wave compared to what you’ve been through. We’re -2 this morning. Not cold compared to your temps, but crazy cold for us.

I meant to say that the black tank valve works, grey tank valve was very difficult to open, like it may be freezing up. I assumed that the valves would be up in the “heated” basement. This is the rear kitchen model, so I have a galley grey water tank to drain, also. That valve seems to be doing ok.

No tank heaters. When I said that the water is off, I meant that the water line has frozen up somewhere between the faucet (which is in a hole 2’ below ground) and the connection to the rig. Heated hose is connected to faucet, so comes out of below-ground level, connecting to the rig with a water pressure regulator inside the utility bay. The utility bay has always felt warm inside, so I wasn’t worried about water pressure regulator freezing up. Hose is rated to -20 deg. I’ll try some hot water on the connection.

We’re in a semi-permanent set-up. I don’t have any water in the fresh water tank. That’s the one thing that I forgot to do. Will remember that next time for sure!

Our waste lines come together in a “Y” and have to go under a wire fence to the septic tank hook up. Creates quite a big p-trap. My original thought was to empty the drain hoses as soon as I was done dumping, rinse and hang on fence to avoid freezing. As there was no way to empty the p-trap, short of digging it up, I let the rest of it lay. My bad.

Thanks for the tips. As my wife and I say, “It takes two!” Stay warm
2021 Ram 3500 HO DRW
4happyfeet is offline   Reply With Quote