View Single Post
Old 07-03-2008, 07:23 PM   #51
RodeWorthy

Leveler setup procedure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponch
Roadworthy

I just reread your post and if I am reading right (maybe maybe not) you might not be using the system in the correct order.

The correct way is to drop the high side foot first and then level with the low side then disconnect from truck and level fore and aft.
That way you ar3e loading the high side as you bring to level.

Try it and see. I'm not having your problem and this is how I do it.
Ponch you may be on to something. However, I was following the printed instructions given to me when I left Trailair. They were hot off the press and apparently I was the first to receive them. See my post above for copy. That being said, I have learned that Dale has verbally instructed to lower the high side cylinder first until it touches the ground and then use the low side cylinder to level. That makes sense to me and if I provide a slight lift on the high side first I am hopeful it will stabilize the trailer and it will remain level after unhitching. My camper is in storage and I have had a limited number of setups to experiment with the procedure. This is a new system and I expect a few changes will be made as we learn more.

Good to know that procedure works for you. I will definitely give it a try. Thanks.

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote