View Single Post
Old 07-02-2008, 10:03 AM   #45
RodeWorthy

We had a good trip to Indiana to have the Level Up (C) system installed. As usual I was not in a hurry and stretched the trip out to a week.

When we arrived in Goshen we went out to Trailair to scout out the route and to make sure we knew where we were going before towing there. I was surprised to find anyone there that late but I met Bob Tiedge, who has a long history in the RV business especially related to slide outs and hydraulics. Bob was good enough to take the time to show me the leveling system on an '09 Mobile Suite and to discuss the engineering of system with me. I appreciated the time he took to do that and enjoyed talking with him. Nice guy.

On our installation day Ron and Larry got right to work and had the basic installation done in record time (1-1/2 hrs). However, there was a problem with my hydraulics. It seems my late '07 MS did not have the hydraulic pump upgrade and did not produce enough pressure to operate the levelers properly. I was a bit taken aback by this because the unit should have had the latest upgrade. Bob Tiedge came to the rescue again and when we returned after breakfast my hydraulic system had been removed from the MS and Bob was busy upgrading the system with help from the Lippert parts department. Ron and Larry were keen to learn how to make these changes. My hydraulic pressure has now changed from 2200 PSI to 3000 PSI and the levelers work great.

We have had a chance to set up a few times with the new system. I am working out a procedure for myself but I basically follow the instructions provided (see attachment).

I have noted a problem in that the side to side level changes after I take the trailer off the truck and rest it on the landing gear. Not a lot but I am fussy about the level. We ae not supposed to change the side to side after taking it off the truck. Has anyone else experienced this?

I am going to play around with this a bit to see if I can improve on my procedure to avoid the problem. It sure is great to be able to level without the blocking and the Wireless Digital Level is a neat tool. I find the umbilical cord cumbersome and am looking forward to the release of the wireless remote to control the levelers.

My thanks to Bob, Ron, Larry and Kara for the good work and making the experience a pleasant one. We missed meeting Dale who was out of town that week.
Attached Files
File Type: doc level_up_instructions_as_received_445.doc (24.5 KB, 22 views)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote