View Single Post
Old 09-24-2018, 09:29 PM   #8
JustinChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFox View Post
Just use the low pressure to fill your RV tank and then use the tank. The tank is not pressurized, the pump pulls water from the tank then pressurizes it in the pipes.
This is the low tech solution and costs nothing.
If you are more technical, you could add a pump to the city water connection I suppose then run the pump when you open the tap. You would have to splice the pump into the city water source inside your rv bay.

Fill the tank in order to use the pump is how I'm operating now. It works, but I'm sure there will come a day when that tank runs dry and it's either freezing, raining hard, or some other miserable condition outside when I have to go refill the tank, and I'll be thoroughly unhappy.

Moving the pump to work on the city water would avoid this.

I don't yet know/understand how the RV automatically uses water from city supply when connected, or tank when city is not connected. Once I understand this, I can probably figure out where to put the pump to pressurize everything.

I have yet to see a downside to this change, as long as the inlet pressure isn't too high, which a regulator would resolve.

Using the tank would/will help keep me aware of when the gray/black tanks are getting full, but I'm not sure it's worth running that way, for that reason alone.
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote