View Single Post
Old 07-08-2010, 09:04 AM   #2
Gemstone

As valuable as those options may be, I would order them in the after market, or at least price them in the after market, before I would order from the factory...with the exception of the water pump...I would include that with the order. Options are usually where the factory has a huge markup.
Options I would not scrimp on would be the running gear....axles, brakes, wheels...get the biggest, best you can afford. Get the largest refrigerator they offer.....look hard at your cooking practices...will you use that gas oven ? We haven't used ours in 4 years of fulltiming...we use the convection M/W or BBQ for everything.
If we were to order a new rig today, it would be without a lot of what folks would refer to as standard equipment....no bedding, no entertainment system, no recliners, no coffeemaker, no washer/dryer....at least, I would not buy what the factory offered....I would purchase on the open market, at better quality and better price. Whether the factory would install the items I purchased has not been tested by me, however I know the dealer surely will.

FYI...Several used rigs are available between Casey's and CW in the Golden area...

Good Luck
Gemstone