View Single Post
Old 11-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #4
Pvsaint

I'm not sure if your research has been very thorough.
You mention one person at an RV park with problems. I can mention at least three here with new DRV's that have had no problems and love their camper.
Dealers "hemming and hawing". Was this the owner of the dealership? A salesman? Did they answer your questions or just blow you off? A dealer that is not selling DRV any more? I'm willing to bet you did not get the full story from that one. Maybe it was DRV that quit the relationship. We really don't know. I have never believed what a dealer says unless it's put in writing. Otherwise it's just BS.
To say that people are generally happy with the way that DRV responds to their problems and then to mention the one or two who for reasons unknown as to where the fault lies are not happy is not enough to scare me away from a future purchase.
For every purchase I have made I can find some people that bought the same and had problems. Often times it is the personality of the customer that is the cause of the conflict not being satisfactorily settled.
I have been in the DRV factory three times recently and have seen some work that I considered marginal but it was on items I wouldn't consider significant although my anal retentiveness didn't like it. I was also at the Excel factory and was surprised they let prospective customers see some of their construction.
Whatever you do end up purchasing make sure you go on a few tours of that factory. None are high standard.
Pvsaint is offline   Reply With Quote