Thread: Computer Desk
View Single Post
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM   #5
rdunk

Our 2005 RE3 has a computer desk on the left side of the rear cabinet. We have a Dell large screen laptop computer, and it works/sits perfectly on it. It has a nice drawer, and it is open under the desk, so you can sit up to the "desk" normally, with knees under the desk. There is a small window behind the desk so we can look out the window while surfing on the computer. The cabinet directly above is great for storing all of the computer related stuff, like software, cd's, dvd's, etc. The right side of the rear cabinet also has a desk, with two large drawers and one door cabinet under it. This desk is perfect for our printer to sit on.

The RE3, with the rear cabinet design, is very functional for us, as we are fulltiming. I think Doubletree has redesigned this rear cabinet, in the newer models, and has deleted the computer desk. But the last time I asked, I was told they could still deliver the rear cabinets per the 2005 configuration.

Yes, we all decide upon the Doubletree floorplan that fits each of our needs the best. The features I described in the RE3, for our computer, were some of the important reasons we selected that floorplan. Also, the RE3 floorplan presents a "feeling of openness" in the living/kitchen areas. That was maybe the most important feature for us, in making our floorplan selection. I mention this, because some who read this may still be going through trying to decide upon "their" floorplan. As I have said in the past, we first decided on the TK3, and then saw the CK3, which seemed more open, and changed our minds, for it. Then we saw the RE3 in a brochure, which was completely open, and that is what we bought. So far, if we were buying again, the RE3 is what we would buy (if we could still get the computer desk)

Robert and Carlene

2005 RE3, S/N 2107 (sold Jan. 2010)
rdunk is offline   Reply With Quote