View Single Post
Old 03-27-2021, 08:49 PM   #4
bigbird272

Quote:
Originally Posted by robertmparton@gmail.com View Post
We have a '16 40 KSSB4 and we started noticing screws falling out of the cap trim that covers the rear end cap to sidewall joint on both sides. Could not keep screws in, either fell out or stripped out. RV service shop here in the RGV diagnosed it correctly. The end wall was broken loose. Pulled the rear cap and found that the end wall was attached to the sidewalls with 14 #6 screws and ALL were broken except one. Literally the only thing holding the end wall in place was friction.
I spoke to 4 other RV repair places and they were fully aware of the structural failure either of design or construction. DRV denied any responsibility as the structural warranty is only for 3 years.
Anyone out there with the same issue? Would you be interested in joining a class action with DRV?
No issue like we that so far with my 2019. I think things like class action law suits are the way to go. I threatened Heartland with one over issues I had with my 2010 Bighorn. I got the required repairs covered. The most expensive trailer I have ever bought, and one of the worst for workmanship.
bigbird272 is offline   Reply With Quote