View Single Post
Old 08-14-2012, 08:36 AM   #2
Motorcycle Jack

Kent -

I wouldn't go by NADA values as they are never very close to actual prices paid for a used unit, only their suggested guidelines. And as to how much of a drop that depends on your perception of what the starting value was and then how the buyer "sees" the value in your particular vehicle. Here's a for instance: You bought your 2010 (let say) at your local dealer for under MSRP @ 112,000 for 102,000. You are trying to sell it in 2012 for lets say 92K. An astute buyer knows that he could have bought the unit at a discount dealer for 85K new and may think that after two years it's only valued at 72K. So there's a big difference. And to make matters even muddier NADA says the 112K unit should sell for 100K! A lot of variance there, and who's got the correct price on a unit like yours?

My take has always been that I research the heck out of what units like mine are selling for (or at least asking price) then I price mine accordingly. NADA be damned - it aint worth the paper they're printed on.
Motorcycle Jack is offline   Reply With Quote