View Single Post
Old 01-26-2021, 09:55 AM   #13
GeoTech

Adventurous , Point taken to your benefits on using the Pro Assist! I guess I'm a bit like Notanlines said, I am like dad now, and shouldn't sound like I jumped to an "assumption" that you wouldn't learn without it! My grandsons are the worst example of wanting it all before they learn to not have it all! At 20 & 21 they both feel they "need" a truck like grandpa. Ha Ha!
The cameras are a dream come true for hookup to a 5th wheel! Even for parking or tight areas & being able to see a low stump/concrete curb etc.
Now, on to the 10 speed: It will, because of what it is, shift a lot when towing depending on terrain. If you use the towing mode, it will stay pretty much in 8th and shift down as needed from there. I understand it's function, & the reasoning, but the truck is very capable of running in 9th and 10th on the hwy without strong headwinds, or elevation changes. And it will react very quickly to a slight pedal pressure to downshift if needed.
As far as driving every day, cruising around 65mph it runs at 1,500 rpms. That's enough to love along with around town 16-17mpg!
As for the ECO mode, I am not convinced that it's even worth the money invested into the programming. If using it while also using CC, we have experienced a wide drop in mph before it will downshift to get back up to speed. This shift will sometimes be from 10th to sixth, or even fifth speed! That's asking for a little whiplash!
Not sure if you're going diesel? We have the newer 7.3 gas, which I'm guessing gets a bit less economy mileage than the diesel?
GeoTech is offline   Reply With Quote