View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 09:27 AM   #3
Rockyhud

Thanks, Wingnut. Yeah, the RV will set outside so I've already started and hopefully done all that's necessary for ole man winter to come rolling in. The first thing I did was drain the hot water heater and replaced the sacrificial anode after draining, so it's ready for use later. I disconnected and drained all water lines on the backside (outside panel) of the RV fridge, so there shouldn't be any water left to freeze there. I also disconnected a white colored line with twist on/off end connector near the main water manifold - got a significant amount of water out of that one. The tanks (fresh, grey and black) were already empty, or very close at least, before we left FL and nothing has been "added" to them since. The RV doesn't have a washer/dryer (yet) and the water valves in the w/d closet have never been used and still have the white plastic caps on the valves, so I believe these are safe from freezing as well. We also cleared out the freezer of ice and the ice maker has no water in it and all water faucets have been left open. About the only thing I think I still need to do is pour some RV antifreeze in the kitchen and bathroom drains to protect the p-traps. Based on all this, have I missed anything you can think of?
2011 Mobile Suites 38TKSB3 #5509
Rockyhud is offline   Reply With Quote