View Single Post
Old 09-27-2018, 04:35 PM   #16
JustinChase

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrFox View Post

The pump only draws water from the tank, not from the outside water. I suppose you could T into the fresh water line but you would have to install a check valve between the T in the fresh water and the tank so you would not be filling the tank when you have it hooked to city water. In this way your pump should come on whenever your pressure is less than the minimum pressure your pump is set to.
Make sense?

That makes sense, i think, but I still don't understand how the RV "knows" to use the tank when there is no city hooked up, but use the city supply when it is.

Is there some pressure switch, or other system that makes this possible/work?

I've just discovered that when they re-plumbed my RV they didn't bother with individual shut off valves at the various fixtures, so I have to find main shut off valves to replace the bathroom sink fixture. they also did a terrible job of running the pex, so I'll end up just re-plumbing it again.

When I get around to this, i'd like to get the pump to pressure everything. I have found a place where it seems the cold water is connected to the hot water line, which seems odd, but I've often heard RV's are weirdly plumbed anyway, so maybe this is normal for an RV.

Is there an online resource for 'normal' RV plumbing so i can understand how it was done from the factory? I don't want to plumb it like a house if that will cause me problems.

Appreciate any help understanding and planning this project.
JustinChase is offline   Reply With Quote