View Single Post
Old 06-09-2008, 11:55 AM   #29
bstark

Mike:
The other 2 options is to replace them with the 12v or a pneumatic variety. Now, something I've been led to believe from discussions with folks that have had or still have electric is they are prone to failure. I say this because whenever the topic has arisen in RV parks, I never hear from the folks that have electric valves and are happy with them but rather the ones who have had them and hated them for there propensity for failure and leaving them scratching their heads wondering: "what the h--- do we do now?"

Perhaps they have been vastly improved with a newer design that is accummulating a record for reliability?

I know nothing of the pneumatic variety but if you have on-board air with a small storage tank for your suspension etc., they may be worth looking into. I discovered them by accident while perusing the Valterra site looking for more info on the electric ones. They look like a tiddley little device and from years of experience with those types of cylinders attached to mechanical devices, they should be reliable if mounted vertical to prevent any leakage from corroding the piston rod.

Care to do any Beta Testing for us???