View Single Post
Old 09-15-2007, 03:52 PM   #6
mcfarlak

Reply to Gunship

Gunship I wrote a 30 minute note this morning but it did not go through. I can only say what Rick said that My point is, I too will never buy another high end model again. You must work for Doubletree. I expected quality and I did not get it. Rick my feelings exactly! when all of the GE's and RCA's and whatever else go into a coach the end product will be, in this case my 2007 Elite Suite. I hold Doubletree accountable. I should not have to remove the screws and turn the table around myself. Quality control should have caught that. As for the microwave, it did blow up and got so hot it actually melted the plastic glass door. GE said that it was actually an older type microwave/convection oven that was installed, I guess Doubletree found it lying around and just stuck it in there. The satelite dish electronics cover came loose because there were no screws attached and caused the cover to hang up in the rubber belt and bent the movable dish. My wife discovered the sink leak a week into our first trip and only after getting a towel under the sink that had soaked through a stack of 12 towels. I guess you, Gunship did not mention the slide problem because it was too minor. That slide was a problem from the very first day and after being back at the factory twice is still not repaired. When do you call a lemon a lemon? Doubletree states in their brochure Find out what the customer wants in quality and exceed that. They did not come close. All I can say is the old adage still holds true BUYER BEWARE!

Respectfully
Ken McFarlane
Virginia Beach, Virginia
Outdoor Resorts Virginia, Beach
mcfarlak is offline   Reply With Quote