View Single Post
Old 07-28-2021, 07:06 AM   #20
ford truck guy11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dapperdan View Post
fwran,

So you picked up your unit in April and by July you have caliper failure(s)? AND tire failure?? Wow How many miles do you think you've traveled with this trailer since you bought it?

I hope your luck changes, you were fortunate just the cap came off that tire! Did you get the parts directly from Dexter? I assume your husband put it all back together?

Good luck with your claim to Goodyear, they have a stellar reputation for standing behind their product!

Dan
I had my my 2020 unit picked up in May of 2019 from Morryde after getting the IS and disc brakes installed....

It had excessive heat and dragging, the pads were just about gone in the 600 mile tow home and the driver never checked once..

I pulled the wheels and could NOT remove 2 wheels as the studs were loose on the rotor and would not allow me to spin the lug... I had to get in there and place a small bead of weld just to get the lug nuts off... Once I removed all wheels, I had 2-3 studs loose and or fall out from each location....Dexter and Morryde worked with me and overnighted me all parts including 4 new rotor assemblies along with caliper assemblies....
I said this to show that any manufacturer can have a bad batch of parts, its how they make it right is what makes them a great company.

The brake issues was unrelated, turns out I had a bad Hydrastar pump as well.....
ford truck guy11 is offline   Reply With Quote