View Single Post
Old 04-29-2014, 08:48 AM   #8
Mike2338

I am in the middle of getting mine repaired. I have been getting a "no antenna communication" error when trying to raise or lower. I swapped out the data cable between the control box and the dish to no avail. I called winegard and they said to take it to a service center. They thought a cable may be loose internally and do not recommend customers to start that repair.
Dealer pulled the dish and found the circuit board charred at one location. The data cable tested good and the fuse on the board was also ok.
The dealer is thinking external power surge as from a local lighting strike.
Well, winegard does not sell the circuit board for repair. They insist the unit be sent to them for diagnostics and possible repair. If it cannot be repaired they will sell me a new unit at a discounted price. The unit is currently intransit to them and hopefully I will find out this week what they find.
I have also contacted my insurance company and started that conversation. I have comprehensive coverage but I am wondering if they will deny the claim. Will they also say lighting was the issue or just a faulty board?
Mike2338 is offline   Reply With Quote