View Single Post
Old 12-06-2013, 11:39 AM   #16
hitchup

By Mike's definition, I'm a cheerleader. But I just tell the truth of our experiences.

2006 Elite Suite was a leaker. After 2 1/2 years, we decided DH couldn't fix them anymore, so we traded it off. We couldn't afford a Carriage Royals, but after going through their factory tour, we didn't like what we saw in it or during the construction of other Carriages.

So we ordered a custom 2009 Mobile Suite with the latest features. It was very good to us, had a few issues, but they were taken care of in a timely fashion by good techs or Paul Cross in IN.

Fast forward, we wanted to continue our lifestyle of working and full-timing, so we decided our comfort level ordering a new Suite would be worth the risk. Plus this one is much more than we anticipated. We're in 10d or less and picked the correct options to keep us warm and toasty. While the Excel next to us and the Sabre on the other side don't look as comfortable with their foil in the windows.

We'll also be prepared with 3-AC's for the hot humid summers, so am not concerned about being stuck in the RV 24/7-365.

Our OK dealer, Rolling Retreats did 3 PDI's before we moved in. Two were done before he left the factory. Since then we've still found a few other flaws, some of which he fixed before we headed back to Dodge City. But they have been easy fixes so far. There will be more, there always are. Sorry I'm such an Optimist and have a handy hubby. But we are both Happy with our newest purchase. I am always glad to share my experiences good or bad when someone asks...

One last point. We've seen New Horizons, don't care much for them either. We almost went on the Factory Tour when we stopped overnight in Junction City, KS, but decided it wasn't worth it. Can't afford one and don't like the fact it takes 18 mos average to build one.

Vickie
Working Fulltimers since 3/2005
hitchup is offline   Reply With Quote