Thread: New Models
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2012, 11:22 AM   #14
Motor31

Alicia,

I am not going to go into the laundry list of the deficiencies the rig we bought has and in a few cases still has. We have been back to the factory, twice. The first 2 months of ownership had us drive more than 800 miles one way for repeated items and a final trip to the factory to fix things the dealer couldn't / wouldn't fix in more than 3 weeks or time spent at their own dedicated RV park at my expense. The second trip to the factory was well over 1000 miles one way out of our way for us and still did not take care of a couple issues like leaks that left a literal water wall inside the rig when it rained.

Since 05 I have posted about the issues, some with repair information to other owners as well as things to look for to avoid having a failure on the road. If you really want to, there is a search function on the board to show some of the threads I started regarding the factory mistakes or omissions in construction.

Like I said, after being on this and even the SOITC board I have read and talked about items that still crop up from 2005 on. I would LOVE to see more info about how the factory actually got a quality control program started and paid attention to the details in construction rather than the full body paint and other flash items that do nothing to make the rig livable, functional and reliable.

Yup I know that no RV is made perfect. I do also know there are RV's made that do not require months and many many miles for repeated trips to the dealer and or factory to take care of items that make it actually work or at least stop self destructing starting at the time of taking delivery.
2005 MS 38RL
2007 Saturn Ion "toad"
2010 Gold Wing "piggyback"
Motor31 is offline   Reply With Quote