View Single Post
Old 05-06-2011, 09:58 AM   #4
Boomerang

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitchup
When you say "not as Heavy", it's only 2000 lbs less than a 43' Suite. The 40BH Select is rated up to 21,000 lbs. We looked at a 2009 Mobile Suite BH, but it didn't have the "new" carpet and some other 2009 options. It was rated around 20,000 lbs GVWR.

Sometimes, I wish we had a spare room for guests. But it's so rare now that we're more than comfortable with a larger living room.

I agree the length and price is higher on the MS or ES, so the Select can be a good option. There's a 43' triple axle Elite Suite sitting a few spaces down from us. They are pulling with a semi, which is too big for us. We're comfortable with our configuration as is.

I agree, the Select has a slightly smaller water tank, but otherwise it has nice finishes and you can customize with Mobile or Elite options easily. Now you have me curious. Which ones??
I think the 21,000 lbs is the maximum loaded weight. The weight of the trailer itself is TBD. Perhaps the 17.5" J rated tires & 8k lbs axles allow that maximum of 21k, but I think it'll come in quite a bit lighter than that. We'll see.

The smaller tanks don't bother us as we are parked with full hookups nearly 100% of the time. I only move the rig when my job takes me to a new city, about once a year.

When you ask "which ones?", I assume you are asking me which options we added. We upgraded to Elite Suite carpet & vinyl floor, leather chairs & couch, 6 point hydraulic landing gear, Mobile Suites dinette with cabinet, Mobile Suites counters, faucets, & lighting above kitchen island, vanity slide, dual 15k BTU a/c units with heat pump & vented return, padded ceiling, and added a second exterior door in the back room as well as a few other changes. I am really impressed with how accommodating DRV is with making changes, too.
Boomerang is offline   Reply With Quote