View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:56 AM   #24
greg veverka

Hats off to Keith & Penne if you look back a few posts everyone can see DRV and most associated companies are wrong, you can successfully install wood flooring even on the slides and it works just fine. I have found a company online who manufactures high end 5th wheels and uses no carpet unless requested ( odd no one ever has requested it they claim ).
Carpet and RV's do not work, the manufactures do not want to install proper flooring as it is an extra step and cuts into their profits not to mention the public orders the rigs then complains about all the cheap carpet later down the road.
I have not had carpet in my house for over 25 years, I sure would never even think about having it in an RV.
I have been in several high end motorhomes that do not have any carpet and the slides work perfect even with granite or marble floors.
The stigma is a 500k motorhome draws a certain client and 5th wheels are not in that league...well for my money an Elite Suite, Mobile Suite or New Horizon is built as good or better than all the 500k motorhomes I have been in.
When I spoke to "the factory" DRV, they said hard serface flooring could be installed but they are totally against it because the furniture will dance around when in motion. They went on to tell me all the furniture would have to be bolted to the floor!!!!!!!!!!
I informed them an 80" sofa bed with rubber installed on the bottom of the feet would not move unless you were pulling your rig down roads you should never be on in the first place.
Recliners can be placed on their sides/faces etc when the slides are in and will never move around.
Again...congratulations to Keith on a fine job, the floors look 100% better.
greg veverka is offline   Reply With Quote