View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 07:21 AM   #23
berghild

Send a message via AIM to berghild
southwest fultiming

we went to our nearest dealer after researching on rv consumer group. signed up for that for about $150.00...it seemed like a lot at the time but it was really worth it.
at the nearest dealer we asked for an estimate with all the changes that we wanted and told them that we were going to shop around for other estimates. we called around, told the salesman what we wanted done and waited for replies.
the original dealer was not pleased when the best bid beat his by $11,000. Sure we had to travel from las vegas to indiana but it was worth it!
and we had them install the Louisiana cut linoleum throughout the downstairs. with a few washable throw rugs this works great for us. They insisted that they had to carpet the slide-outs and a strip for the slide to ride up on...these can get pretty messy. I have know others that have ripped out the carpet in their motorhome and installed tile and the slides work fine.
Also i have heard that DRV will have the unit sent to paul Cross down the road for pre-delivery inspection and then return it to the factory to rectify the problems, If you have it in your contract. Be sure to check the heat coming in on ALL your vents. Ours is worthless and we have closed the vents and sealed with foil.
good thing you are getting the one piece roof! Cyndy ('sorry that this is so long..I do get revved up sometimes!)
EDGE CHIP,exhaust brake,ATS tranny, ATS turbo, AFE sir filter
ETC
2008 36TK3 ES3917/no granite
berghild is offline   Reply With Quote