View Single Post
Old 02-14-2010, 09:45 PM   #2
Gemstone

I would delete all the factory provided "crap" that I could....starting with the cheesy coffee maker, the built in worthless Vac, all the bedding, the entertainment system, the bath and kitchen faucets, and the cheap plastic kitchen sink (maybe the new ones are SS), the recliners...all of these items you can provide, better quality and much cheaper. I'd let then do the washer dryer prep, then bring them my appliances and have them do the installation. The extra awnings maybe I'd delete, depending on where I'd be spending my time. I do like the power main awning. HD DirecTV on a tripod works fine for us. I'd question the 2nd furnace...unless you plan on spending winter in some very cold areas.
We rarely use our furnace, preferring to take the chill off with a portable electric heater....but then, we follow the sun. In the 4 years of fulltiming we have yet to use the oven.....unless it's for storage. We cook everything from bread to cakes in the convection M/W. Have them do the gen prep, then supply your own.
Air pin box, air axles, upgraded running/stopping gear is where I would spend...but before I spent $$$ on a new rig, I'd look for used units...there are some great deals out there.

Good Luck
Gemstone