Thread: Kitchen sink
View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 01:31 AM   #19
RodeWorthy

Update on sink repair

I could not wait any longer for the sink repair kit to arrive from DRV so I went ahead and used the PL adhesive recommended in any earlier post. To be fair to DRV my call was the day before Thanksgiving and my shipping information went to Tom Peck at the old ligatel email address. I have noted Brenda's post that shows he now has a drvsuites.com email address. Louisville show was also on their minds.

The attached picture shows the method I used to secure the sink while the adhesive dries. It was also very useful in aligning the sink and holding it in position while I applied the goop. The adhesive was easy to work with and cleaned up well. I will follow up with a bead of silicone as a sealant. While I had the opportunity I completely removed the sink and did a thorough cleaning of the sink and prepared the mounting surface as Bruce suggested. Also took advantage of the opportunity to clean out the calcium chips and debris from the check valve in the kitchen faucet outlet fitting. In fact, I decided to remove the check valve entirely. Good flow there now.

As a side note, the slide problem was a broken bolt in the crossshaft and I got that repaired. Thanks to Bill for the correct spot to make the incision in the belly. Surgery is complete and I have resealed that area too. Bruce, there was no need to connect to the motorhome next door :) I was lucky enough to get the hole lined up with a couple of bumps of the switch by Stella. I also found an adjustable wrench on the square tubing is useful to help with the alignment.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 4320_sink_repair_cr_jig_490.jpg (81.7 KB, 202 views)

'07 Mobile Suites 36RS3 #3910
Mor/ryde IS, Trailersaver TS3 hitch
Level-Up with Remote Control
4 x 135W Solar Panels, Outback Controller, 4 x 6V batteries, Xantrex Inverter/Charger
'08 Chevy 3500 dually Duramax/Allison
RodeWorthy is offline   Reply With Quote