PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Mini Rally

billr
01-24-2008, 12:02 AM
Check the link for info on the 2008 Canadian Mini Rally

http://www.suitesowners.com/showthread.php?p=1856#post1856

All welcome!! SOITC membership not required.

Please join us North of the border to the second annual Canadian Mini Rally!

Dates: 17-20 July 08

http://www.koa.com/where/qc/56107/

Activities and tours: TBA

Cost: See KOA website

Reservations: Make your reservations directly with the KOA on the website above. Make a note in the special request section that you are with the Mobile Suites Travel club.

Sites are first come first serve on the website reservation system due to the campground is closed until Apil. So reserve ASAP to ensure you get a site!

Please E-mail me at billandjoan@gmail.com when you have reserved. Thanks!

We hope to see you there!

Cheers,
Bill and Joan

From the KOA website :

Imagine leaving your quiet campground and being transported to the streets of Paris in just 15 minutes. The Quebec City KOA is just a shuttle ride away from the winding lanes, stone buildings and mansard roofs of North America’s most charming city. Enjoy cafes, shops and galleries that suit all pocketbooks and tastes. The views are grand along Terrasse Dufferin and at the famed Château Frontenac hotel. Watch the Changing of the Guard on summer days at the Citadel.

Local Area Attractions
Old Québec
Québec City is the heart of French Canada. Nowhere else in North America is the appearance and atmosphere of an old-world city so complete. Québec City looks and feels very European; perhaps that is why the entire old section of the town was declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1985.

St-anne de beaupré Shrine
Every year, hundreds of thousands of tourists and pilgrims visit this impressive Romanesque cathedral, with its five naves, magnificent mosaics and some 240 stained-glass windows.

Montmorency Falls
The highest falls in Canada (11/2 times higher than Niagara Falls)!

The Citadelle of Quebec (The Changing Of The Guard)
Every day during the summer period, a traditional military ceremony takes place for the Changing of the Guard. The Regimental Band, "Batisse" the regimental goat and the personnel responsible for the garrison's security all join in for an impressive event.

The National Battlefields
History, culture and nature blend in perfect harmony on the Plains of Abraham in the heart of Quebec City. This 107-hectare site is managed and developed by the National Battlefields Commission. The mandate of this Federal agency is to preserve sites commemorating battles that were waged in Quebec City in 1759, 1760 and 1775.

Musée du Quebec
Located on the Plains of Abraham, the Musée du Québec boasts the most extensive collection of works of art produced in Québec since the 18th century.

Musée de la civilisation
www.mcq.org

Zoo and Aquarium
The Parc Aquarium has 10,000 fresh- and salt-water fish specimens, reptiles, amphibians, invertebrates, as well as marine mammals, such as Atlantic and Pacific walruses, seals and polar bears.

Cheers,
Bill

bstark
01-24-2008, 12:18 PM
We're booked in Bill. Can't wait to tuck into that local cuisine.

Diesel-Gypsy
01-24-2008, 07:00 PM
Also....it's just gonna be a huge party because of the 400th anniversary too boot.
Lots & lots of activities and special stuff to do & see in and around the city.
Bring your party hat!!

Look here : http://monquebec2008.sympatico.msn.ca/MonQuebec2008/?lang=en-ca

Claire & I can't wait.....well especially Claire. :lol:

Rick

bstark
01-24-2008, 07:25 PM
Rick: I sent Bill a "Yeehaaah" response and after reading your post above I'm making that a triple Yeehaaah! :D

Mikey
01-26-2008, 02:46 PM
Maureen and I REALLY try to be there.
Need to verify some dates back in Ontario first.

billr
01-26-2008, 08:30 PM
That's a great start! We looking forward to seeing everyone!

Remember to make your reservations early.

Cheers,
Bill

Diesel-Gypsy
01-26-2008, 09:01 PM
In Quebec, there is a traditional break for ALL construction workers.
They are NOT allowed to legally work the last two weeks in July...

So, that causes every single camping site worth it's salt to book solid.
It may easily affect our little get-to-gether... :shock:

So in order to side-step that inconvenience we will have to book early, for the two reasons I have highlighted.

Rick

Mikey
01-27-2008, 09:19 PM
Reservation Made

billr
02-05-2008, 09:39 PM
Update:

We have another couple joining the Mini Rally with thier new TK3 that they pick up in May! Will be nice to meet new owners and see a new Suite!

We will have a good cross section of tow vehicles to Drool over from F450's, MDT's and HDT's. Lots of good ol truck chat! ha

The Campground has Shuttle service (by fee) to Old Quebec City.

Heard some good news from the Quebec City KOA that they will be blocking off 15 sites for us until April 15th for reservations. So hope that helps those needing more time to make thier plans.

Remember to note on your reservation that you are with our group and advise me once you have reserved. Thanks!

Cheers,
Bill

billr
04-16-2008, 03:28 PM
Spring has sprung! I was speaking with the KOA in Quebec City and they have agreed to hold some sites for our group for another week so make you plans!!

Good news, Can AM RV from London Ontario will be bringing a 2008 Mobile Suite to the rally and have offered to sponsor a tour for our group! We are looking into river cruise.

Cheers,
Bill