PDA

View Full Version : 12v water pump

Red Ram
11-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Has anyone experienced their water pump coming on with the rocker switch in the off position? The light is on, on the switch, but the switch is in the off position. There is power being fed to the water pump at all times. I checked the switch by removing the wires, but that made no differance.

Presently I am just removing the inline fuse that is located near the water pump to turn off the pump. Thanks for any feed back you have.

ChrisM
11-17-2007, 01:31 PM
There is another pump switch outside in the water hook up compartment. Its white and unmarked. Quite often people will unknowingly hit it and turn it on.

bstark
11-17-2007, 01:49 PM
ChrisM has nailed it. I'm amazed at the number of folks that aren't aware of the additional switch in the hook-up cabinet and it's rather inconvenient location right behind the shower head where you can't help but hit it accidentaly when you're replacing the head in it's clamp after rinsing your hands.

Red Ram
11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Thanks Chris and Bruce. That is exactly what has happened. I wasen't aware of the switch, and like Bruce said, it is well hidden behind the shower head. I will not likly make this mistake again.

bstark
11-17-2007, 08:22 PM
Ron: Don't sweat the small ones, that's how we learned about that stupid switch ourselves! :lol:

jdwilson3
11-18-2007, 12:57 PM
Just a general observation...shouldn't the dealer be pointing out these things during the walk thru and PDI?

rverdlm
11-18-2007, 01:36 PM
FWIW, my dealer did show me the switch and I showed it to other RVers because I thought it was such a good idea. 2 years later when my pump wouldn't shut off I never gave that switch a thought. I even pulled wires out of the wall trying to trace where the power was coming from. I tghen called Kent and he told me (without laughing, I might add) where the switch was! :oops: :oops: