PDA

View Full Version : Winterizing question on 2005 RE3

2 DA WDS
11-07-2007, 09:46 AM
When I winterized my unit last night I though I noticed something different. Lets see if I can describe this correctly.
There is a 'T' between the water pump and the fresh water tank. There is a hose coming off the 'T' that gets stuck in the jug of antifreeze. That hose has a shutoff valve between it and the 'T'. There is a shutoff valve between the 'T' and the water pump but not one between the 'T' and the fresh water tank. It worked but shouldnt there be a valve between the 'T' and the fresh water tank? I thought that was where it was on my last unit.

billr
11-07-2007, 11:30 AM
Discription was good Tom, your right, the valve is suppose to be between the winterizing "T" and the tank, or you will suck air from the drained water tank. It still should work as long as you have enough antifreeze in the jug. Guess the guy cut the line in the wrong place....Friday build..ha ha An easy fix would be to just add another inline valve there.

Cheers,
Bill

Okie
11-07-2007, 03:52 PM
Tom
You need to winterize your unit like I am going to Friday. I'm taking it to south Florida. Have a good winter.

Okie

2 DA WDS
11-08-2007, 11:10 AM
23 months and counting :shock:.

Haggis
11-08-2007, 02:20 PM
Tom
You need to winterize your unit like I am going to Friday. I'm taking it to south Florida. Have a good winter.

Okie

In the great white north country we have to winterize before we head south.