PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic Leak Picture

traveler
11-05-2007, 06:48 PM
I have already posted some comment s about hydraulic leaks, but I thought some of you might like to see a picture of the leaks--acually seepages. The drops shown are the result of about a week's accumulation and I think that I caused them by overtightening the lines. I have the seepages at five connections.

I suppose this means I will have to change out all of the lines, but this ones that go to the living room and kitchen slides are a little more difficult since it means I will have to drop the belly cover--I think.

anijet
11-05-2007, 09:11 PM
If you can afford to shorten the hoses by 2 inches, I would see if a hydraulic shop can install new fittings on the hoses with them installed in the trailer. Sure would be a lot less work than pulling in new hoses.

RodeWorthy
11-05-2007, 09:19 PM
I agree. The leak appears to be a result of a bad swaging job on the fitting. Do you have enough excess hose available that would allow the existing fitting to be cut off and a new connector to be installed to existing hose and still reach the connection point?

traveler
11-05-2007, 09:23 PM
Thanks, there is plenty of hose to do this. I did not know that it could be done. Don't these things operate at about 2600psi?

anijet
11-06-2007, 08:46 AM
When you call the hydraulic shops, most will want to make you a new hose. Keep looking until you find one with a portable swagging tool that is willing to repair the hose installed. If you can't find a shop close by, you might try farm tractor or heavy equipment shops.

2600 psi is a medium pressure system. Many systems operate well above that.

ChrisM
11-11-2007, 01:31 AM
You should be able to find a hydraulic shop with mobile service that will replace them on the coach.