PDA

View Full Version : Coffee Maker

RonS
10-17-2007, 09:13 AM
What is the trick to brew coffee with the Black and Decker coffee maker without it running all over the counter top. We have to stand by it when brewing to insure its hitting the hole and adjust as needed. Cant just hit the brew switch and walk away, because we will have a big mess when we return. Not fun cleaning up HOT coffee running all over.
Thanks!

BobW
10-17-2007, 09:45 AM
Call B&D and they will send you out a new one. Or, you can buy a new one for $39.00. The old ones were a pile of junk. The one they sent us works great. My wife broke the craf and B&D sent us a new one for free. Just complain.

john
10-17-2007, 11:55 AM
I called Doubletree and they sent me a new one a couple of weeks ago. They also sent a new entrance handle. I had to send them the old ones but they paid the cost of the return. I just used the boxes the new ones came in to return the old ones. The young lady was very pleasant to work with.

morscuba
10-17-2007, 03:01 PM
Ron
If you have the non-heating themos carfe. Check the little inlet hole at the top sometimes coffee grounds get stuck in the little valve at the top. Happened twice now.
Sam

RGordon
10-17-2007, 08:14 PM
I finally figured mine out after burning my hand. You have to make sure pot is pushed back as far as it will go so it will release coffee in filter canister. You can see the release lever if you look at it. Works good when you figure it out and hole is always open on top of coffee pot and makes no difference how you turn top.

Gemstone
10-17-2007, 10:18 PM
Our solution was easy, we threw that d@*m thing away, and replaced it with a countertop Krups machine. Even a new B&D would still be junk in my opinion.

Regards
Gemstone

dave007
10-18-2007, 07:08 PM
Our dealer replaced ours once...Same thing with the new one...We threw it in the trash and spent the $40 for a new B&D while on the road...Now it quit working altogether...no power at all... I'm ready to try a different brand...

BobW
10-18-2007, 09:32 PM
You should all know better. Ever see a good Black and Decker anything?

Red Ram
10-18-2007, 11:04 PM
Mine has never been used yet. We don't drink coffee, so I think I will use it for trading material to some unsuspecting soul for something that I can use. :wink: