PDA

View Full Version : Bed Hydraulic Hose Failure

2 DA WDS
09-28-2007, 09:56 AM
FYI: Last weekend at our rally 2 Suites had their bed hydraulic hoses fail. According to the owners the hoses that lift the head of the bed were routed so they rubbed on something and cut them. If you have that option you may want to check your hose routing.

Diesel-Gypsy
09-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Hmmm.you mean that bed-lift mechanism isn't a basic motor driven screw-drive?
I had no idea I had hydraulics under the bed! :shock:

I guess I'm in there when I get to my next parking spot...

Rick

bstark
09-28-2007, 12:30 PM
Rick: Have seen the results of this failure on hydraulicly equipped units with the 2800psi pump. To say red hydraulic oil clashes with the basic earth tones of the bedroom carpeting would be an understatement. :P That pump moves a lot of fluid whrn the flow is unrestricted! :shock:

Diesel-Gypsy
09-29-2007, 07:26 PM
:lol: :lol: ..I checked, and I ain't got no red hydraulic fluid spewing high pressure hoses under my bed!!
My OLD 2004 TK3 is all electric baby...

Y'all had me worryin there.. :?

Thanks anyway.

Rick

Hobo
09-30-2007, 11:00 AM
:lol: :lol: ..I checked, and I ain't got no red hydraulic fluid spewing high pressure hoses under my bed!!
My OLD 2004 TK3 is all electric baby...

Y'all had me worryin there.. :?

Thanks anyway.

Rick

We can have water leaks, gas leaks, and air leaks, but sure is nice to know we don't have to worry about that hydraulic stuff all over the place.
Something to be said about having a older MS. :wink:

Diesel-Gypsy
09-30-2007, 07:10 PM
Hobo, mine is only 110 units newer than yours...I can't say that it's been a lemon though.
It has never recorded a visit to a deal for warranty though....not to my knowledge.
So, guess they are not all made on a Friday night...

Rick

2 DA WDS
09-30-2007, 11:13 PM
Yeah, mine has the electric lift too. I think they went all hydraulic when they added the hydraulic stabilizers.