PDA

View Full Version : Solar Panel

morscuba
09-21-2007, 06:30 PM
Hey guy's or gal's
should be takeing delivery on my MS nest month. I had the 3000w inverter installed. I was informed today that the factory does not install solar panels, but that the rig comes preped. Question is has anyone installed a panel or two and how big a deal is it?
Would appreciate any input.
Thanks Sam

ponch
09-22-2007, 06:01 AM
Morscuba

Mine was installed at the factory. As far as I know it's still on the options list so if you order it they'll put it on.

Ponch

Motor31
09-22-2007, 06:26 AM
Don't plan on any wiring for options to be installed where you think it should be or would be unless they also installed the option at the factory. If they are not going to install the solar panels you should figure on needing the full wiring job done as well.

Huck
09-22-2007, 07:30 AM
My MS has the factory installed solar panel.

Do any of you know how it is wired into the trailer?

I have no controls or meters for it.

Don't even know if it works..

Diesel-Gypsy
09-22-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, I have a factory installed solar panel.
It is mounted on the low profile AC unit.
I think it is about 10 watts, and simply routes two wires directly to the battery bay.
The panel is simply wired direct to the dual 6 volt batteries.
Nothing trick, or sofisticated at all.
The purpose is to keep the parasitic loads from draining the batteries during off-use periods.

Rick

bstark
09-22-2007, 09:47 PM
Sam: I'm assuming (perhaps incorrectly) that with the 3000 watt invertor you've installed, you're looking for some rapid recovery charging for your batteries (eg: 75 watt panel?) and if that is the case; you must specify with DT that you wish MUCH heavier wiring than the 10 or 12 guage stuff that they will put in and you should also ask for extra wire to be coiled up at each end of run so that you have some flexibility for hook-ups later.

JudyGail
09-23-2007, 04:19 PM
Don't plan on any wiring for options to be installed where you think it should be or would be unless they also installed the option at the factory. If they are not going to install the solar panels you should figure on needing the full wiring job done as well.

We had the wiring done by DT for 3 solar panels on our '06 TK3. They did a great job and the dealer's tech had no problem whatsoever installing the panels for us.