PDA

View Full Version : DVD question

ponch
09-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I tried to play a DVD this weekend and all I could get was the audio. Any ideas?

I had the TV on video, the AV on DVD. This has to be something simple.

Ponch

BobW
09-16-2007, 08:00 PM
Did you switch the selector box to DVD? If you have the amp on, only sound would come through and no video.

ponch
09-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Where is the selector box? The one on top ie where the power turns on for the radio?

Ponch

hitchup
09-17-2007, 10:05 AM
"DVD" button needs to be pushed on the Winegard control box. But our Sony requires you to also hit Video 1 on TV remote & DVD on AV remote.
Whew: Too many remotes!

Motor31
09-17-2007, 10:08 AM
Ponch,

I had to run through the selection of feeds for the TV on the TV remote to get the picture too. There is more than one video feed choice in the selection series. Using the TV/video button on the TV remote I scroll through the selection options until the picture comes on while the dvd is playing. on my remote that button is just above the display button. The AV system component also has to be switched to DVD.

Hope that helps.

ponch
09-17-2007, 12:39 PM
Unfortunatly I did all that to no avail.

Ponch

DebDav
09-17-2007, 03:12 PM
It is sad but 'sometimes' the factory does not connect the cabeling correctly.

I had to spend almost a complete day plugging, unplugging and running back and forth from living to bedroom before the system worked correctly.

I even have run a separate cable outsid the rig , through the window, to connect the 2nd receiver to the Direct TV box.

2 DA WDS
09-17-2007, 03:44 PM
Ponch, It took me over a half hour to get it done the last time I watched a DVD and I had watched one before. I finally pushed the right combo of buttons. Boy did I feel stupid! Oh and by the way I dont remember which ones I pushed!!

sigo'suite
09-17-2007, 05:55 PM
I almost switched to Direct after better than 10 years with Dish. Two things caused me not to and the primary reason was that the Direct TV dual digital tuner does not allow you to watch two different channels at the same time on two different tvs. You can watch on two tvs but they will both be on the same channel. Don't know if that was your issue or not.

With Dish and the two tuner digital receiver I have we can watch different channels simultaneously from the single receiver and record two channels at the same time.

On a diferent note, I had planned on going to an HDTV receiver at the same time. After talking to techs at both Direct and Dish I opted not to because I was told by both that getting the dish set-up on a tripod like I have to because we are living full-time in the RV, would drive me crazy. I believe it was like 5 satellites which you have to hit in synch to get all the HD channels. They advised that unless I wanted to carry anxiety and hyper-tension medication and spend an inordinate amount of time setting up, I would be well advised not to go to HD at this time.

Sure glad we didn't buy that Sharp Aquos we durn near bought, cause our Sony gives us a great picture thusfar.

Sorry to get off topic, but thought the info might be of help to some.

Fly the flag in support of our troops and the mission!!