PDA

View Full Version : Generator

traveler
09-06-2007, 07:56 AM
How much of a generator does it take to run one AC. Will two Honda 2000's do it? Or is there a better-and not too heavy solution?

Thanks

Motor31
09-06-2007, 08:52 AM
If you have the dual Honda 2000's that will do the job for one AC and anything else you want to run other than possibly a second AC.

Just for giggles I tried running my AC on one Honda 2000 when I first got it. With the fridge and water heater on propane and noting else on, it did run it. I doubt it could handle anything else.

If you want a single unit to run the AC, the Honda 3000 should be adequate but it won't be easy to move around like the 2000's are.

For winter camping we find that a single Honda 2000 handles everything we need including the microwave on about a gallon per day, figuring on about 8 hours of running. That includes TV, computer, both satellite systems and a 110 volt light we got for the front room.

billr
09-06-2007, 06:09 PM
We use the Honda eu3000 and it will handle the one AC fine as well as other users. It has elec start as an advantage and can be set up with a remote. The downside is the size and wt.

If I was to do all over, I would go with two eu2000's , gives a lot of flexability. Can use one or both depending on the needs, and if one req service, still have one to use. Light and small enough to store many places.

Cheers,
Bill

WildJohn
09-07-2007, 02:19 AM
I have the eu3000 and I am afraid there is something wrong with it.. It will not run a single AC unit.. not the one on the angel or either of the two on the MS. shows overload. runs everything else but not when the AC units kick on.
If I were doing it over I would also get two of the 2kw units. I think I would like the flexibility and increased power when they are hooked together. Besides that it is all one man wants to do to move this thing. I lifted it out of the rack onto a cart and took it in to get the carb cleaned out and lifted it back onto the rack and that was enough for my old back.. good thing the slide out rack is only a foot or so off the ground.
I don't know how two of them would compare sound wise but I think it would be somewhat louder.. this thing is nearly silent in MHO. If it didn't cause the drom cabinets to rattle you wouldn't know it was running.