PDA

View Full Version : Gouge in vinyl floor

Suitedreams
08-26-2007, 03:51 PM
This is the first time I have used this forum because my husband usually is the one reviewing this. I have a problem and if anyone can help me, I would greatly appreciate it. I dropped a folding step stool (from Camping World) in our Mobile Suite, which we've had only a few months, and damaged the kitchen vinyl floor. The step stool gouged our vinyl floor about 1" and tore it down to the sub floor. Is there anything out there that we can do, besides contacting the factory for a piece of flooring that we can put in?

BobW
08-26-2007, 04:37 PM
The step stool gouged our vinyl floor about 1" and tore it down to the sub floor.

Is this floor the square vinyl pattern? Did the cut go in the center of the square pattern? If so, you need to cut around the lines in the pattern. Take out the damaged square. Fill the gouge. In the RV somewhere, like under the rug or cabinet, you will be able to find a piece to take out as a replacement. Glue it with the same stuff they lay vinyl with. If you do the cutting perfectly, you can cover this without much trace. Most vinyl installers can do this. The other choice is very expensive.

Thom
08-27-2007, 01:03 PM
you might try talking to a flooring installer. They can in many cases simply fill the cut with a matching filler and you will be the only one who will notice it because you did it, might be simpler than trying to cut and replace a patch if it isn't to bad