ice maker valve location
winterizing
It's broke - how do I fix it?
Who do I contact to get info on ???

hitchup
08-09-2007, 09:36 AM
Sounds like a start. My additions:
needs a list of replacement bulbs & sources

The ideal Owner's Manual would be a 3-ring binder & have room for all the appliance manuals.

There's no way in the 1-2 hr walkthrough at pickup that anyone can remember half of what was told to you. Even if you've owned an RV, the systems change from year to year & manufacturer to manufacturer. Even some of the manufacturer's manuals are severely lacking in detail. Plenty on installation, but not much on how to run it.

BobW
08-09-2007, 01:20 PM
I know this would never happen, but a wiring diagram, both 120 and 12 volt.
Also plumbing diagrams. Entertainment system wiring.
Checklist.

anijet
08-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I know this would never happen, but a wiring diagram, both 120 and 12 volt.
Also plumbing diagrams. Entertainment system wiring.
Checklist.

This would be the single most useful piece of information if we could just get it from DT. I've asked several times for an entertainment system wiring schematic. Maybe if we all asked them for one we could get results?

rotaxman
08-09-2007, 05:11 PM
On my factory tour I asked for those diagrams and was flat told that it wasn't going to happen. They said that due to liabilities they could not provide the requested information. A big bunch of BS the main reason is they don't wire any two the same.

I've said this before on a complex trailer like these you need a schematic of all of the systems. I should have told them right then and there to cancel my order it will be a deal maker or breaker on my next trailer The same with the decesion to eliminate the computer desk in the 06 36TK3 was told by Dan Touer that everyone could just go to using a laptop.

Bob Your right never gonna happen no matter how many people ask.

As always good camping

Joyce and Jerry

jdwilson3
08-09-2007, 08:05 PM
Off the subject a bit:

Jerry, we have a desk in our 06 TK3. Am I missing something?

Back on subject:

Detailed instructions on Hydraulic systems and plumbing diagram for same. (Beyond the Lippert manual)

We had a 2000 Avion and it included wiring diagrams to the point of confusion (included everything for US and CSA).

Mikey
08-10-2007, 08:49 AM
I hear the frustration, but let's stay positive (at least in this thread).
Great suggestions so far, must be lots more.
PS - I've asked Doubletree to participate - I'll share their response when received.

BobW
08-10-2007, 10:42 AM
On my factory tour I asked for those diagrams and was flat told that it wasn't going to happen. They said that due to liabilities they could not provide the requested information. A big bunch of BS the main reason is they don't wire any two the same.

Well, my Class A Monaco had a wiring diagram in the manuel. My F350 has one, and every car or truck I've ever owned had one.

PSD_Tweaker
08-10-2007, 10:46 AM
Ya...an entertainment system wiring diagram would be saweeet!!
Also, is it possible to get one remote for everything?
I know "they" say that there are these new-improved universal remotes that "they" claim can do it all............but, who has one that actually DOES WORK? :?

(I think that was positive.....right..?)
Rick

john
08-10-2007, 11:32 AM
I have one remote control that does everything...Got it at Best Buy.
I put all the other remotes away.
Of course i had to have my son program the remote so it does work everything.

Mikey
08-10-2007, 12:45 PM
Ice maker valve location
Winterizing
Wiring diagram, both 120 and 12 volt.
Plumbing diagrams.
Entertainment system wiring.
Checklist
Detailed instructions and diagrams on Hydraulic systems
Basic repair tips
Where to obtain replacement items - Company names and product ID

Is that the complete list???
I thought there would be a lot more

JudyGail
08-10-2007, 01:33 PM
Ice maker valve location

Detailed instructions and diagrams on Hydraulic systems

Wouldn't these two items come from the manufacturers of the systems (Dometic & Lippert) and not DoubleTree?

As for that being the whole list, you've only gone two days with the thread, there are lots of people who don't even check in here until weekends. Give it a couple, 3, more days before calling it complete.

jdwilson3
08-10-2007, 06:32 PM
May I suggest, if we are going to do this on our own...

Call it a Doubletree Owners Manual. If there is anything that is Model specific, ie, Elite Suite, Mobile Suite or Select Suite, that information be tabbed or annexed seperately, because most everything is common for all units. (i.e. Care and Cleaning of Window Silks could be located at the Elite Suite Tab.)