PDA

View Full Version : Ft Myers Florida

sr
07-23-2007, 07:31 PM
Does anyone have a favorite campground around Ft. Myers Florida. I am looking for a Resort type atmosphere. Well maintained, large space's between sites, concrete pads w/patio, on water if possible ie: lakes, rivers etc. Not necesarily on the ocean. Any advice would be appreciated. I am willing to spend up to $100 per day, approx 10 days in Jan-Feb 08.

Ron Posno
07-23-2007, 08:04 PM
Does anyone have a favorite campground around Ft. Myers Florida. I am looking for a Resort type atmosphere. Well maintained, large space's between sites, concrete pads w/patio, on water if possible ie: lakes, rivers etc. Not necesarily on the ocean. Any advice would be appreciated. I am willing to spend up to $100 per day, approx 10 days in Jan-Feb 08.

Try Cypress Woods. Beautiful!!! Will be there six months beginning Oct. 15.

bstark
07-23-2007, 08:10 PM
I have stayed at Gulf Waters RV Resort that is affiliated with a Holiday Inn right downtown and your stated price range would handle the $68-75.00 per day, last yr's rates.

Very large (whole rig plus T/V) concrete pads with a couple of ponds on the grounds and Rec hall with pool.

Ron's suggestion is a beautiful park as well!

RodeWorthy
07-26-2007, 09:09 AM
My friends and their friends have been going to Riverside RV Resort & Campground at Arcadia for years. They all love it. It is located on the Peace River. The roads are all paved -not sure about all the sites. They provide a mail service for extended-stay visitors.

I think like many resorts this is a "people-oriented" place with lots of organized and non-organized activities. It may not be up to your standards though since I am fairly certain it is not close to $100/day on a monthly basis.

This just may be our destination this coming winter.

(800) 795-9733
http://www.riversidervresort.com/index.html

Rodeworthy

JPHarris
08-05-2007, 10:20 AM
We have to agree with Cypress Woods, went there 3 years ago just renting and before the winter was out we bought.

sr
08-05-2007, 12:57 PM
Didn't have much luck on the RV parks that were recommended. Although we did get a reservation at Ft. Desoto in St. Petersburg. (Not at Ft, Myers, but the view is wonderful and all for $28 per night.)

Thanks for the replys. Next year we'll start earlier.

bstark
08-05-2007, 05:24 PM
Sr: Wow; you did good! Looks great to me. Ft Myers will have to wait for another year eh?

Congrats on the site find and good camping.

Motor31
08-06-2007, 08:44 AM
Where were the hook ups in that shot or is it a dry camping spot?

sr
08-06-2007, 09:38 AM
They have electric and water at each site.

Here is another site. 101.