PDA

View Full Version : Suite Campground

2 DA WDS
07-23-2007, 10:23 AM
We went camping this weekend with our SOB club to Prairie Pines campground in Rantoul IL. There were 2 of us with MS in our group and the campground host had an RE3. a couple of spots down was another RE3 that were friends of the hosts and ordered theirs after seeing the hosts unit. On the way to our site we saw another MS and before we had a chance to go over to it the owner stopped by to see us. It used to be really something to just see another Suite on the road and now they're everywhere! Oh, and BTW it was a very nice campground. It was the mobile home area of Chanute Air Force base that closed a few years ago.

KSRVER
07-23-2007, 08:43 PM
Most of our family lives in Michigan and when we go up there to visit and take the 5th wheel we stay overnight in Rantoul going up and coming back to Ks.
It is a very nice campground!!![/b]

osiebosie
07-24-2007, 06:55 AM
When I read your story I immediately thought of our first ever trip to Yellowstone. We were so excited to see a buffalo!!!!! :shock: "Omygosh, look a buffalo up close look how big look at the fur blah blah blah!"

By the end of the trip, we were saying, "I've never seen so many baffalo. They certainly have made a comeback. Oh, look, it's just buffalo."

But it's still nice to see a fellow MSer out there!

Sharon

chismtrail_er
07-28-2007, 03:48 PM
We are in Priest Gulch, CO (Cortez area) and there are three MS here. We have visted each, and we gave them the SOITC brochure and a description of the Rallies. Both said they would come to the Amana Colonies rally.

When we were in Gunnison (June), we saw two suites...Select & Mobile.

There are three MS in Salida, CO - Four seasons park.

Small world.................Jay

bstark
07-28-2007, 05:15 PM
We're currently sitting in a little KOA in Mallorytown, Ontario, Canada with three other Mobile Suites.
What do you call a small gathering of Suites? Cluster, gaggle, herd, - - - ? :lol:

rverdlm
07-28-2007, 10:06 PM
I tyhink flock!

2 DA WDS
07-29-2007, 10:05 PM
Dont whales come in a pod!

We went through a local campground this weekend at New Salem (where Abe Lincoln lived before Springfield) and found 2 Suites. I remember how excited we were when we saw our first one out now sightings are getting kind of common. Gave out brochures and cards.

Wouldn't it be nice to have a spot on the brochure to put your name and email???

osiebosie
07-30-2007, 07:08 AM
We're currently sitting in a little KOA in Mallorytown, Ontario, Canada with three other Mobile Suites.
What do you call a small gathering of Suites? Cluster, gaggle, herd, - - - ? :lol:

A RESORT???!!!

Sharon

wingnut60
07-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Was it you that left a SOITC brochure on my step at the Ridgway State Park back in June?

2 DA WDS
07-30-2007, 10:59 PM
Was it you that left a SOITC brochure on my step at the Ridgway State Park back in June?
Not Me

wingnut60
07-31-2007, 07:44 AM
TO DA WDS

"Wouldn't it be nice to have a spot on the brochure to put your name and email???"

Looking at the brochure that was left on my step last June (sure wish someone would own up to this, the wondering is leaving me sleepless) there is a space on the right side above the clock tower picture that would fit an Avery label from a printer--lots of room for name and contact numbers. Just get the brochure and stick the pre-printed label on it.