PDA

View Full Version : Houston Dealer

Motor31
07-22-2007, 11:55 AM
Has anyone had any experience with Lone Star RV in Houston? We may have to call them for service if lippert doesn't claim the problem.

We are stuck in Highlands TX. (Houston East suburb) with a hydraulics failure and possibly a slide that is jammed as well. The hydraulics has been spotty about retracting the main jacks with the motor definitely under load but no action on the jack. Extension is normal. If the motor "freewheeled" I'd figure it was just an air bubble but the motor is definitely under a heavy load just trying to retract the main jacks.

Today the jacks balked again and now the door side slide is locked open. The ram starts to move but it looks like the slide is hitting a hard block on retraction. The hydraulic motor is still under load so they might actually be the same problem with the lippert unit. I just don't like the movement with the slide ram in the trailer side. It has about a 1.5" up and down movement.

Right now I'm afraid to unhook the truck because if the hydraulics fail completely I won't be able to hook up again. Sigh.

shergry
07-22-2007, 04:51 PM
Well, we bought our trailer from Lone Star RV........NEVER AGAIN! They are not helpful. Would highly suggest Channelview RV. As a matter of fact Lippert told us they had worked with Channelview RV and had good results. Lone Star RV will never get a recommendation from us, it is totally up to you. They flooded our basement, and then when were told by DT to fix, they only put 2/3 of insulation back and still had to fix the black covering to actually attach to the trailer. The service people in Lone Star are worthless!

Channelview Supply
15450 I-10 East
Channelview, TX
281-452-7760
281-452-3618
They won't come to you, but they will suggest someone that would, we were quoted $65 to come to you. Then the hourly rate was billed to Lippert. Channelview is able to fix.

Motor31
07-22-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks a Bunch! The Lonestar name kinda stuck in my memory but I wasn't sure if the experiance hed been good or bad. That's why I figured I ought to check to see what the folks who used them had to say.

Diesel-Gypsy
07-22-2007, 08:14 PM
Mike ...sorry to hear about another hydraulics disaster.

Can anyone Tell me again why they are better than electric... :oops: ?

Rick

rotaxman
07-22-2007, 10:48 PM
Mike

Same for me as the Diesel Gypsy you just can't seem to get a break with your trailer.

Talk to ya later

Joyce and Jerry

Motor31
07-23-2007, 12:46 PM
Hi there,

Right now the system seems to be working normally again. I talked to Vance at Lippert. Outstanding guy to talk to.

Vance gave me some diagnostic tests to do and came to a conclusion. I was getting ready to call the service when I noticed that a second slide had moved with the valve for it closed. That indicated a problem with the valve block. Vance then talked me through disassembly and reassembly of the valve block to clean it out. That seemed to do the trick. If it stays functioning for the next portion of the trip I'll post a new thread with pix on how to diagnose the problem and clean out the valve assembly.

billr
07-23-2007, 01:18 PM
That is great Mike! Glad you back on the road! I too have dealt with Van at Lippert. Helped us out of a jam by sending the part FedEx.

Look fwd to your description of the repair.

Cheers,
Bill

wingnut60
07-24-2007, 12:56 PM
While never having dealt with them, from some entries on forums for other brands (Sunnybrook) I get the feeling you don't want to deal with their service OR sales.