PDA

View Full Version : Slide Openings

igotjam
07-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Ill try and explain this without pictures. (sorry no camera)
At the top of the slide openings (view from outside..the trailer opening for the slide not the slide itself) there are 3 pop rivets that attach what I think is a U shaped piece of aluminum. My guess is that it contacts the plastic.teflon blocks on the top outside face of the slide when it closes and centers the slide in the opening? Anyway, after a month on the road all have broken off except 2. The slides still work (allbeit not well as they have needed adjustment since we picked it up) and we are 600 miles from the nearest dealer and moving the wrong direction. I have stopped at 3 or 4 dealers trying to get service on other things without any luck.(In this part of the world no dealer will service what they did not sell)
Should I be concerned about these broken aluminum pieces or wait till I get to Ontario or Indiana for service? (my list of need repair grows)

jdwilson3
07-08-2007, 07:20 PM
We had the same issue, the aluminum piece and the nylon block are guides. My pop rivets popped out sometime during the first two weeks in June 06 and we had them repaired in Ocotober...no big deal for us. Get 'em fixed when you take it to a dealer for something else.

igotjam
07-08-2007, 08:49 PM
JDWILSON3
Thanks for the info...I'll wait...in my case the aluminum pieces break in 2. The pop rivets are fine...same result though....