PDA

View Full Version : The Big D on front

SuiteWheels
07-05-2007, 09:32 AM
of our MS has faded. :cry: Hubby washed the 5er this week-end and whata surprise to see it half gold and half brownish....stupid us we should have probably put some type of cover on it as the front has faced the sun this past year. Didn't notice it when we washed it the end of April but it's faded now. Has anyone replaced their D....hubby said it was a decale but he wouldn't have any idea on how to do this or remove the old one. Maybe we just have to live with a faded D! :?

PSD_Tweaker
07-05-2007, 10:10 AM
Yes, I did mine two days ago.
It is a decal, and you have to change both the MOBILESUITE decal as well as the D together.
The MOBILESUITE is layed over the D, so in order to remove the D you need to pull the MOBILESUITE decals first.
I ordered mine direct from DT.

They are a genuine PITA to change, as the removal process is quite difficult.
A heat-gun to soften the adhesive backing on the decal and a dull razor blade type scraper is what I used.
The big D is a thin decal to begin with, so as it fades & weathers, it seems to get even thinner, like paper thin.
That means it does not want to be "pulled" off, as it just tears as you try to pull it.
The MOBILESUITE decals come off much easier as they are a much thicker vinyl to begin with.
They respond well to the heat-gun and dull blade method.

The good news is.....it looks really nice after your done.

The front cap on your trailer may be faded as well,..mine had no gloss in the finish at all.

I used white buffing compound, then 3 coats of turtle wax to get mine looking acceptable.

Good luck with yours!

Rick

Haggis
07-08-2007, 03:41 PM
I had to remove a decal on the front of a RV a few years ago, I used a power washer.

It does the job with ease.

Geoff :idea: